Saturday, July 27, 2013

My word

My roommate has a word tattoo. Now, this might not sound important but it made me start thinking. Her word tattoo is a word that sums up her life, which started me thinking, "What word would sum up who I am?" It's almost like a quest to discover who you are, which can be really scary. What if you don't like who you are?
After thinking about it a lot, I realized "love" sums up my life and who I am. No matter what, I have always made decisions based on love. Whether it's loving a person, place or idea, all of my thoughts and decisions revolve around love. I decided to go to ECU because I fell in love with the campus. I stayed in Greenville this summer to be near the place that I've been the happiest and to be with my best friend. I chose my major because I love to write.
Love is defined as:
-a profoundly tender passionate affection for another person
-a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend
-sexual passion or desire
-a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.

To me though, love is much more than that. It's a motivator, a place that I want to be. It's something that I strive toward and it's a goal I want to achieve. Love is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment