Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Am I good enough?

Sometimes I wonder "What if I'm not good enough? What if I'll never be good enough?" That thought actually plagues me much more than I'll ever let on. I think that it runs through almost everyone's head at some point. What if I'm not good enough?
That's the thing though that we have got to realize: we are good enough. We are amazing. Some people might not see it. They might put you down and make you feel like you're worthless. But get this: you're not. 
I'm sure along the way I've hurt people and made them feel like they're not good enough. For that I am sorry. It's not that you weren't good enough for me; you just weren't right for me.
I think we confuse "Am I good enough?" with "Am I right for this?" too much. We put ourselves down when we should understand that we're not cut out for everything that we want to do or be. There's a reason you didn't get that job. Yeah, maybe it's in the city you loved but who knows your boss could have made your life miserable. There's a reason that the boy you loved broke your heart. I know you loved him so much but he didn't love you. You needed to be set free to find someone who loves you as much as you love them. 
Stop asking if you're good enough. Start asking is this where I'm meant to be and is this right for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment