Friday, January 18, 2013

You Let Go

What do you expect me to say? Do you expect me to forget everything that happened?

Well let's get one thing straight: I'm not that girl anymore.

You said it yourself: I've changed, and it's true. I can't allow people into my life who consistently, time after time, hurt me. You've changed too. You're not a person that I could see myself hanging out with and truly being myself around. I can't let you back into my life because I'm cultivating a new life that will make me happy. I"m surrounding myself with people that make me happy and who love me for me. They know that I'm not perfect and that my flaws are numerous. Guess what? They still love me anyway.
I have a best friend who knows me better than I even know myself. I can't lie to her or hide things from her because she always figures them out. I have a few new friends that are becoming my closest friends. They make me laugh even if all I want to do is cry.

Do you understand now? I can't let myself fall back into that spiral of drama and heartache and tears. I'm figuring out who I am, and I really like this person. Last time I checked, you didn't.

Just remember that if you start to miss me, you were the one who let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment